Wednesday 13 July 2011

looking deeper inside....

Tom Arthur
Jacapo Gambini Rossano
Red-Air
Jacapo Gambini Rossano

snap, can I see it? I think I was blinking!! or at least if I wasn't it certainly won't be my best photograph!! sound familiar? every digital snappers nightmare, whether your spotting a moment in the street, at a birthday party, or a friend. Everybody seems to have the modern view that an image that eliminates imperfections is a perfect depiction of themselves, or seen as the most beautiful they can look, how they want to be seen, their face toward the world, the rough exterior they present to onlookers at moments they feel watched, scrutinized, thrown into the judgement system of society.
The choice of going back to film photography is not something new, but it does renew a sense that from the moment you click the shutter, there are elements of wonder, of chance, a taste that you may of captured the true depiction of somebody, their eyes, the gesture they use, without pretense, in its upmost organic form, an image people can refer to with honesty to say, i remember that, it was natural, at the time i thought i looked fat, never really saw in my eyes what i felt within my mind. an image that stands the test of time. Over these months I have photographed friends, musicians, performers, musicians and work colleagues.

No comments:

Post a Comment